Saturday, 10 June 2017

making a questionnaire with survey monkey


This is my questionnaire.

I made it for free at Survey Monkey, as a means to explore whether people feel that a book can offer a 'sublime' experience in relation to the sublime in nature.

I got a good response from the website. Apparently I am a genius, and it is my first ever attempt to create a survey.


Lets see if it lives up to the hype.

I have tried to make it simple and short.

Next to test on a few classmates and see if it works.....






a five minute questionnaire

Hello

I am Caroline Fraser, currently studying for an MA in book art at UAL Camberwell. 
Thank you for helping me in my research.
I am an abstract landscape photographer exploring the book as a medium for my work, and currently researching ideas around conveying the 'sublime' landscape through art, with specific attention to the artist's book.
I have a few short questions to ask you, and really appreciate your taking the time to respond.
Thinking about the 'sublime' in relation to nature and art it can be defined as
'of such excellence, grandeur or beauty as to inspire great admiration or awe'

Thinking about the sublime in nature, have you ever experienced an artwork that conveyed to you that sense of awe or wonder that you have felt in an awe-inspiring landscape? 

where was it? 

what medium was it? e.g. painting, sculpture, music, book, photo etc 

who was the artist? 

what made it special for you? 

now thinking specifically about books, have you ever had a similar experience in response to a book?

what was the book, and why was it special? 

Thank you for your thoughts. I really appreciate your help.

If you want to add any other thoughts please use the box below.

Caroline Fraser

www.carolinefraser.org
 


If you would like to help me with my research then please follow the link here

No comments:

Post a Comment